Blueberry Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast
• 1 loaf day old brioche (store bought is fine)
• 150g cream cheese, softened
• 2 tablespoons caster sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
• 1 egg
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1/2 cup cream
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• Butter, for frying
• Extra blueberries, icing sugar and pure maple syrup, to serve
1. Cut brioche into 10 even slices and set aside the two crusts for now.
2. Combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until fully combined.
3. Add blueberries and beat again.
4. Spread cream cheese over half the brioche slices and sandwich together with remaining bread.
5. In a shallow bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, cream and cinnamon. Heat a non-stick fry pan over medium heat and add a knob of butter.
6. Dip sandwiched bread into the egg mixture for about 20-30 seconds on each side and then place into the frypan.
7. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining bread.
8. Dust with icing sugar, serve with fresh blueberries and a drizzle of maple syrup.