Blintzes with blueberry sauce and fresh blackberries
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 1 cup of fresh blackberries
- 1 cup of raw sugar
- 1/2 cup of raspberry liquor
- 1 cup of softened cream cheese
- 2 1/2 cups of ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 teaspoons of grated lemon peel
- 8 large flour tortillas (the ones used for burritos)
- Canola or corn oil
- 4 small light pink organic roses for decorating (optional)
For the fruit sauce: Cook all the ingredients in a pot at a low-medium temperature. Cook for 30 minutes and cover until serving. The sauce must be warm when pouring on the blintzes.
For the filling: Soften the cream cheese in a medium bowl using a balloon whisk; to make this easier, leave the cream cheese at room temperature for a few hours before mixing. Then add the ricotta cheese and the rest of the ingredients until they´re blended smooth and evenly.
For making the blintzes: Heat the flour tortillas for a few seconds to prevent them from breaking when wrapping. Place the warm tortilla in a flat surface and add 1 or 2 tablespoons of the filling at the center, then fold as a burrito. Add canola oil to a pan and fry each blintz on both sides. Serve two pieces on each plate and pour some of the blueberry and blackberry sauce. This dish can be served hot or warm.