Balsamic Blueberry Steak Sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 Vidalia onion, finely diced
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Increase heat and bring mixture to a low boil; cook 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 25 minutes. Keep an eye on the sauce; if it is reducing too quickly, turn the heat down or off.
- Remove cover. Using the back of a wooden spoon, mash blueberries against the side of the pan to release juices. Increase heat to medium and cook until sauce reaches your preferred thickness, 6 to 8 minutes. Strain if desired and serve with steak. Makes 1 1/2 cups sauce.